We’ve come across our fair share of leaks in the past. As readers, you guys have probably read your fair share as well. So how is it that apart from speculation and rumors, no concrete leaks such as a spec sheet, press shot, blurry cam, etc has been seen as far as the Samsung Galaxy S3 is concerned? Sure, we’ve seen “leaks” but they have either been debunked as badly rendered mockups or as another device entirely. Well according to ETNews’ sources, this could be because Samsung is employing Apple-like methods to keep their upcoming flagship device under wraps.
How is that possible especially if the rumors of the device undergoing carrier testing are to be believed? It seems that Samsung has created a case for the innards of the Galaxy S3 before giving it to carriers, much like how Apple has been said to seed prototypes of its upcoming devices in fake casings in order to prevent its design from being leaked. This would ensure that while the carriers gets to test out the new device, they will not be able to catch a glimpse of its design until Samsung is ready. What do you guys think? Would you prefer an actual leak, or would you rather not spoil anything for yourself and wait until the official announcement?
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March