While the Samsung Galaxy S3’s existence has been confirmed, details surrounding the device remain a complete mystery apart from the occasional rumor and speculation. Well a new set of rumors has popped up courtesy of a couple of sources, one of which originates from AsiaE who claims that Samsung has begun the testing of the device on carriers back in Korea. The reports have also mentioned that Samsung is hoping to expedite the process in order to get the device out in a timely manner, but its rumored quad-core processor and LTE chipset are making things a little difficult.
As far as the hardware of the Samsung Galaxy S3 is concerned, next up is a report from DDaily who claims that Samsung is currently producing their first Super AMOLED Plus display with a 720p HD resolution that does not rely on the pentile matrix technology. This new display is expected to be making its way onto the Galaxy S3 and just like the Galaxy Nexus, will be 4.65” in size but will pack a pixel density of 316ppi, possibly giving Apple’s Retina display for the iPhone 4/4S a run for its money.
To sum it up, testing for the Galaxy S3 is currently underway and there is a possibility that we could be seeing a 720p HD 316ppi 4.65” display on the device as well. Previous reports had revealed that a Samsung executive announced that we could be seeing an April launch for the Galaxy S3, but if the recent reports are to be believed, a May launch would seem more likely. Until an official announcement has been made, taking this with a grain of salt would be the best course of action.
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-13 Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17 Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21 Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March