The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7″ has landed in the office, and we are now working on the full review, but in the meantime, here is a photo gallery to show what the device looks like, fresh out of the box. When we played with the Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1 and 7.0) at Mobile World Congress, it was clear that the suffix “2″ wasn’t meant as a technological leap. Instead, Samsung has worked on improving the user experience and making the tablets for affordable to all.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7″ is a good example: after looking at how people use their tablets (from the couch), the company has decided to integrate an Infra-Red module that can turn it into a universal remote control. They have also pre-loaded Peel, which is a great remote control software for Android. It also comes with the latest Android 4.0.
In terms of design, it is a hair thicker than the higher-end 7″ tablet with the AMOLED display, but I suspect that most people won’t notice. The screen resolution is only 1024×600, which is the most noticeable difference with high-end products, along with the 8GB of internal storage (there’s an empty microSD slot too).
However, with a price of $250, this is a real contender for the casual users, and frankly, I don’t see any reason to buy the Kindle Fire which is inferior in just about every way. This tablet will be available on April 22. Stay tuned for the review!
Android 4.0 / Ice Cream Sandwich
1GHz Dual core processor
3 Megapixel rear camera, 0.3 Megapixel front camera
microSD slot (32GB max)
7″ 1024×600 LCD display
8GB of internal storage
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-15: Samsung SM-T805 Could Be New Galaxy Tab Pro Device
- 2014-03-05: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 Arriving This March 9
- 2014-02-11: Galaxy Tab 4 Specifications Allegedly Leaked
- 2011-09-22: Galaxy Tab 8.9 unboxing caught on video