Word has it that Samsung’s 7″ Galaxy Tab 2 as well as the 10″ version of said tablet will be hitting the US later this April and May, with the smaller version arriving earlier than the larger viewing real estate model. Samsung has so far been the closest competitor in terms to Apple’s iPad, and they do hope that their latest two devices will be able to challenge the new iPad. Of course, since none of them sport the new iPad’s Retina Display, Samsung will have to rely on a different marketing aspect to win the hearts and minds of consumers when both tablets are released.
I guess the previous story about the Galaxy Tab 2 range being delayed to the end of April is right on the money. It would be interesting to see just which part of the market will the smaller Galaxy Tab 2 target – could Amazon’s Kindle Fire be its market victim? Are you looking forward to the releases of both tablets in the month ahead as well as the next?
We do know that the Galaxy Tab 2 7″ model will retail from $250 upwards, while the 10″ version of the Galaxy Tab 2 has a price tag that is very close to the $400 territory.
Next Story: Microsoft to purchase stake in RIM?
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-03-25: Samsung Rumored To Update Galaxy Tab 2 To Android 4.2.2
- 2012-11-22: Samsung reportedly rolling out Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Tab 2 in France
- 2012-11-05: AT&T offers Samsung ATIV Smart PC and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 from November 9th
- 2012-11-01: Sprint Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 coming your way this November 11th
- 2012-10-09: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 from Sprint announced