Finally Sammy has made it official. Via a press release, Samsung is officially announcing the insane 1.4 GHz Exynos 4 quad-core processor – the monster SoC that will power the Samsung GS3. “Already in production, the Exynos 4 Quad is scheduled to be adopted first into Samsung’s next Galaxy smartphone that will officially be announced in May. Samsung’s Exynos 4 Quad is also sampling to other major handset makers,” the company said.
The Exynos 4 packs a punch with its 32nm HKMG low-power process and power-saving design that reportedly consumes 20% percent lower power compared to Samsung’s previous dual-core processors. Samsung’s very own Taehoon Kim said that the Exynos 4 quad-core processor will offer phenomenal multitasking abilities that will surpass any single or dual application processor available today. Quite true.
Multi-core processors have more capabilities and can perform more tasks in a short span of time. Hence, with a powerful chip such as this, your mobile device can stream videos while updating the rest of your applications that are running in the background. All roads are leading to the big event in London next month where the next-generation Galaxy smartphone from Samsung will be revealed. Where the Exynos 4 quad-core chip is, the Galaxy S3 will be there as well.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-02-26: Samsung's New Exynos Chipsets Will Support QHD Displays
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2013-12-27: Samsung Teases Exynos Announcement For CES 2014
- 2013-10-07: Samsung Galaxy J Leaks With Snapdragon 800 CPU, 5-Inch Display