At long last, Skype for Windows Phone is now available a couple of months after the beta version was announced at Mobile World Congress, and launched a short while after that. The official Skype for Windows is now available over at the Windows Phone Marketplace, where you can also opt to retrieve the app straight from your Windows Phone itself, although it might take up to two days (48 hours) for Skype for Windows to propagate in all local Windows Phone Marketplaces. Skype for Windows will let you band up with another 200 million or so people who use Skype monthly, regardless of whether it is being accessed via a smartphone, tablet, TV or computer.
Skype for Windows Phone can be used across 4G, 3G and Wi-Fi networks, although you might want to look into your data plan if you are not going to jive with Wi-Fi, as those who are on pay-per-use basis might actually want to consider unlimited data packages to ease the burden on your monthly phone bill. If you happen to speak or communicate in any of the following 18 languages – English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, European Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, and Traditional Chinese, then Skype for Windows Phone is the program for you.
Alternatively, you can always scan the QR code or the Microsoft Tag below. Just make sure your Windows Phone device is running on Windows Phone 7.5 (“Mango”) or above, and you are good to go. So far, the best performance for Skype for Windows Phone has been attributed to the following devices – Nokia Lumia 710, Nokia Lumia 800, Nokia Lumia 900, HTC Titan, HTC Radar, Samsung Focus S and Samsung Focus Flash.
- 2014-04-14: Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-08: Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-02: Skype For Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Announced
- 2014-04-01: Skype Could Feature New Chat UI For Windows Desktop
- 2014-03-20: Qik To Officially Shut Its Doors On The 30th Of April
- 2013-10-27: Native Skype App For BlackBerry 10 Could Be On Its Way
- 2013-07-01: Skype 4.0 For Android Receives A Complete Redesign [Video]
- 2013-06-27: Skype Updates iPhone App To Support Video Messaging Feature
- 2013-04-03: Skype Users Spend Two Billion Minutes A Day Connecting To Each Other