Earlier we reported on rumors of the Sony LT29i Hayabusa Android smartphone, and now it looks like rumors of the LT29i’s smaller sibling, the ST21i Tapioca have started to make its way around the internet as well. Much like the Hayabusa, the Tapioca is slated for a July release. Unfortunately unlike the Hayabusa, the Tapioca will be a low-end device and according to TechBlog.gr, it was revealed that the phone will feature an 800MHz single-core processor under its hood. Considering that dual-core phones have more or less become the standard, and with quad-core already making its rounds, a single-core handset certainly looks out of place.
It will also sport a 3MP camera with VGA video recording quality, a 3.2” display with HVGA resolution, a 1,460mAh battery and the best part is that it will come with Android 4.0.3 preloaded. Given its specs we don’t expect the Sony ST21i to break the bank upon its release, but until an official announcement has been made, we will be taking all of this information with a grain of salt for now.
[Image credit - TechBlog.gr]
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-23: Alleged Sony A3500 Photos And Specs Leaked
- 2014-01-27: Alleged Photos Taken By Sony Xperia Z2 "Sirius" Leaked Online
- 2013-11-14: New Sony Xperia Z1s Photo Leaked
- 2013-10-25: Sony Xperia Z1S Spotted In The Wild [Update]