Just as expected, the Nexus S 4G from Sprint has started to receive the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update from today, making it the first Android-powered smartphone from Sprint’s stable to receive this particular operating system update. The update will come in the form of over-the-air, and if you have not yet received it, fret not. Since it would presumably appear in stages depending on where you live, all users of the Sprint Nexus S 4G ought to receive the update by next month at the latest. Anytime your Nexus S 4G is deemed eligible for the update, an automatic download will happen, and once the download is completed, you will be asked permission as to whether to proceed with the installation, where agreeing to that will take a few minutes.
Just make sure that you perform a backup of your data whenever you are about to proceed with a system update of any kind, as you can never tell just when Murphy might strike. After all, official updates do not translate to not having any bugs associated with it at all, but I guess since there has been no furore about it, it has all been plain sailing thus far.RELATED
- Google Search Updated, Will Launch Apps From Search Results
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- BBM Shows Signs Of Popularity In India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines
- BlackBerry 10.2.1 Reportedly Launching In January 2014
- Study Finds iPhone Most Expensive In Jordan And India
- Follow: Android, ice cream sandwich, nexus s 4g, Sprint,