Just as expected, the Nexus S 4G from Sprint has started to receive the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update from today, making it the first Android-powered smartphone from Sprint’s stable to receive this particular operating system update. The update will come in the form of over-the-air, and if you have not yet received it, fret not. Since it would presumably appear in stages depending on where you live, all users of the Sprint Nexus S 4G ought to receive the update by next month at the latest. Anytime your Nexus S 4G is deemed eligible for the update, an automatic download will happen, and once the download is completed, you will be asked permission as to whether to proceed with the installation, where agreeing to that will take a few minutes.
Just make sure that you perform a backup of your data whenever you are about to proceed with a system update of any kind, as you can never tell just when Murphy might strike. After all, official updates do not translate to not having any bugs associated with it at all, but I guess since there has been no furore about it, it has all been plain sailing thus far.
Next Story: A Thousand Years of Math History in a New App
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2012-07-12: Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch from Sprint gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-02-16: Sprint Nexus S 4G receiving Android 4.0 update today
- 2012-01-31: Sprint Nexus S 4G official Android 4.0 ROM leaked
- 2011-11-22: Sprint's ZTE V55 tablet gets pictured
- 2011-10-21: Sprint Galaxy Nexus coming soon?