If 3D phones are your thing, you might be a bit bummed out to learn that Sprint has officially announced that they will be discontinuing the HTC EVO 3D. Reportedly there are still a couple of handsets floating around several of Sprint’s retail stores, but don’t expect them to restock the handset once they’re out. However if you’re in the market for a 3D handset, LG has recently announced that they are beginning the global rollout of the LG Optimus 3D Max, the successor to last year’s LG Optimus 3D.
There was a brief glimmer of hope that HTC could be launching a EVO 3D successor of their own and such a device was spotted in a video. Unfortunately HTC quickly put the rumors to a rest claiming that the handset pictured in the video was a prototype of the upcoming HTC EVO 4G LTE that will be headed Sprint’s way in Q2 2012. Apparently 3D was one of the features considered but ultimately did not make the cut.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: evo 3d, HTC, Sprint,
- Seen at: operationandroid