We know that Google has a self-driving car in the works. In fact the company has demonstrated it a few times, but we guess while the technology is pretty cool, exactly how many of you guys would actually want one for yourselves? Well thanks to a survey conducted by J.D. Power and Associates, it seems that 20% of the vehicle owners they questioned in the survey either “definitely would”, or “probably would” spend about $3,000 which is apparently how much it would cost to add fully-autonomous self-driving technology to an existing vehicle. However according to the L.A. Times, the survey went on to reveal that car enthusiasts view autonomous driving as a “loss of status” and that they would not want to give up the pleasure of driving. What do you guys think? Would you be interested in forking out $3,000 to add self-driving technology to your car?
Next Story: Steam for Linux Caught on Video [Leak]
- 2014-04-14: Reporter Assaulted For Wearing Google Glass In Public
- 2014-04-13: Surgeon Finds Google Glass Indispensable In His Work
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated