There are plenty of reasons to have a wall mount for your iPad, such as placing it in your kitchen for viewing recipes, or placing them in rooms so that you can use it as an intercom with FaceTime or Skype, but either way if the prospect of ugly wall mounts jutting out of the wall or having to drill holes into your wall just to hang up your wall mount sounds unappealing to you, then The Ledge Kickstarter project might very well a project worth checking out.
As pictured above, The Ledge is a rather simple and minimalistic wall mount design that sticks to your wall using the supplied 3M sticky strips. Granted that does sound rather precarious so you’ll be pleased to learn that it can also be screwed into place, although that might mean drilling holes into your wall. The Ledge features a groove built into its CNC machined body which is where your iPad will rest, allowing you to easily place or remove the iPad without having to fiddle with screws or clamps.
The Ledge will also come in a smaller form factor that can be used for iPhones, and a pledge of $25 will net you the phone version upon its release, while a minimum pledge of $50 will net you the tablet version if the project is funded successfully. For more information or to pledge a donation, head on down to The Ledge’s Kickstarter page for the details.
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-07-31: eTeleporter iPad Accessory Hopes To Bring Eye-To-Eye Contact On FaceTime
- 2013-06-12: The Smart Cargo Is An Accessory For The iPad's Smart Cover
- 2012-12-24: Nibiqü is a Touch Type-style keyboard cover for your iPad
- 2012-11-19: ORA: Ultimate Speaker Case and Stand for iPad