The Asus Eee Transformer Prime tablet which runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich just got a firmware update to maintain the tip top, high end tablet in tip top and high end shape. As we reported awhile back, Asus was teasing users with awesome new features that were going to be coming along with the update. Well the update has arrived so if you are yet to update your device do get it done.
The update brings with it a few tweaks and the usual bug fixes and performance enhancements. But more than that, the company has provided new features such as the system bar lock which will be unavailable until set otherwise by the user. This bar lock will lock your screen effectively so users will no longer “accidentally” hit an icon and be transported out of whatever app is being used even if it would take a second of two to come back in.
The second new feature is lock screen notifications, while the third is more music with an update for its @Vibe music service and an alleged better interface for the service. Also added is USB Ethernet which will allow Prime users to access networks with a wired connection requiring only a USB-to-Ethernet adapter. Besides that, is the ad hoc support for Ice Cream Sandwich and two new modes for the HDMI interface, crop and scale. If you own a Transformer Prime and have not updated it yet, please do it as soon as possible and see the changes for yourself. Leave a comment below about what you think about the update.
- 2012-10-03: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the ASUS Transformer Prime now available for download via ASUS' website
- 2012-09-27: Asus Transformer Pad Prime (TF201) receives Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update, Transformer Pad Infinity update delayed
- 2012-06-14: ASUS Transformer Prime receives battery and performance boosting firmware update
- 2012-04-25: Asus Transformer Prime GPS dongles are here
- 2012-04-16: Asus External GPS Extension Kit for Transformer Prime announced