Sony, the electronics giant from Japan has made some pretty decent handsets since its split from former partner Ericsson. While Sony has been offering very good ‘Reality’ displays online reports state that the company still wants to improve things in the ‘screen’ department with an AMOLED display since all current Sony and Sony Ericsson devices have LCD screens.
According a report from China Times, Taiwan-based AU Optronics is in the midst of producing AMOLED displays that Sony will allegedly be using for a new Xperia smartphone. The smartphone which is still unnamed is apparently set to show itself in the second half of the year. While we have no added details to provide you, we will definitely be keeping an eye on this issue’s development and as always when we know about something, telling you will be the first thing we’ll do.
- BlackBerry 10 Devices Reportedly Suffering From Sensor Issues Post 10.2 Update
- Microsoft Reportedly Increasing Windows Phone OTA Downloads To 100MB
- HTC Exploring 'Alternative Solutions' After Device Ban In UK
- VSCO Cam Android App Has Finally Been Released
- CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Stable Builds Released
- Follow: AMOLED,
- Seen at: unwiredview