It comes as no surprise that Apple have been tightening the rules and laws regarding voice control apps after the introduction of Siri with the iPhone 4S but it looks like a Dutch developer called Sparkling Apps has had one of their applications successfully included in the Apple App Store. The app called ‘Voice Answer’ has been rejected by Apple for nearly 3 months is now available from the App Store and can be used on any iPhone, iPad or iPod with iOS 4.2 or later. What the company has tried to implement here is not so much a replacement for Siri but an available option for those of us without an iPhone 4S.
‘Voice Answer’ which is for sale at $3.99 is said to perform similar tasks as Siri and the company behind it is going “full speed ahead” to implement more features into the app such as location-based venue searches and email/SMS along with more voice function commands. Also in the plans is the humanoid being which can be seen from the video embedded above. The company plans to create the robot for the interface so it is not just a promo video for the app but what the UI will look like if their plan comes to fruition. Now, what remains to be seen is whether ‘Voice Answer’ can gain any traction with Siri around and still going strong but as for that, we’ll just have to wait and see. If you want to give ‘Voice Answer’ a whirl, click on this iTunes link.
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-03: Apple Acquires Novauris Technologies To Help Improve Siri
- 2014-03-05: Siri Hacked, Plays Nice With 3rd Party Apps
- 2014-03-05: Siri Could Be Opened Up To Third Party Developers
- 2014-02-24: Apple Files Lawsuit Against China's Patent Office And Chinese Company Over Siri