Good news Mac users, if you were looking to expand your Mac’s storage capacity in the form of an external hard drive, Western Digital has recently announced My Passport Studio 2TB external hard drive for Mac users, apparently making this the first 2TB portable hard drive for Mac users. The hard drive will connect to Mac computers via USB 2.0 which granted is slower than Thunderbolt, but thankfully a lot cheaper as well. For those who require faster transfer speeds, Western Digital has thought of you guys and has included dual Firewire ports. This would allow for faster transfer speeds and also the daisy chaining of hardware.
To top it all off, My Passport Studio 2TB features hardware-based encryption and password protection software to help guard your data along with an all-metal design. Western Digital’s My Passport Studio 2TB for Mac is available for $299.99 and will be available via it’s website or select retailers. At this time of posting, Western Digital’s website has yet to reflect the 2TB version of My Passport Studio, so interested customers might want to check back later.
Next Story: CyanogenMod 9 available for Samsung Galaxy W
- This iWatch Concept Gives It A More Classic Look
- iPhones More Likely To Be Stolen, But Less Likely To Require Repairing [Study]
- Safety Concerns Raised Over CarPlay Feature
- Mercedes-Benz Could Offer CarPlay Installations For Older Models
- Apple 'Scrambling' To Meet FCC Deadline On In-App Purchases [Report]