Yandex which is the dominant search engine used in Russia has been keeping a close watch on Google. Since there were rumors about Google being interested in putting up Google Drive, a cloud based storage system similar to DropBox with 5GB free, Yandex apparently has been in the works to move faster than the global search giant. Yandex launched a beta version of Yandex.Disk which is said to offer double what Google is offering its members this morning.
Yandex which is only available in Russian also has an email client called Yandex.Mail and it has additional storage space allocated specifically for that purpose. Besides that, Yandex.Disk also supports inter-device syncing (Windows, Mac OS, Android and iOS) which allows editing even text files from multiple PCs. For now, access to Yandex.Disk is only via invitation and since it is only available in Russian for now, Google might have a chance globally but maybe entering into the fray in Russia would be more difficult than expected.
- Microsoft Accounts Receive New Security Features
- Google Testing +Post Google+ Content Ads With Select Brands
- Facebook News Feed Changes Put Focus On Content Source's Quality
- New Website Helps Users Check If Their Email Account Has Been Hacked
- Facebook Is Open To The Idea Of A "Sympathize" Button
- Seen at: thenextweb