Yandex which is the dominant search engine used in Russia has been keeping a close watch on Google. Since there were rumors about Google being interested in putting up Google Drive, a cloud based storage system similar to DropBox with 5GB free, Yandex apparently has been in the works to move faster than the global search giant. Yandex launched a beta version of Yandex.Disk which is said to offer double what Google is offering its members this morning.
Yandex which is only available in Russian also has an email client called Yandex.Mail and it has additional storage space allocated specifically for that purpose. Besides that, Yandex.Disk also supports inter-device syncing (Windows, Mac OS, Android and iOS) which allows editing even text files from multiple PCs. For now, access to Yandex.Disk is only via invitation and since it is only available in Russian for now, Google might have a chance globally but maybe entering into the fray in Russia would be more difficult than expected.
Next Story: Transformer Prime Gets Firmware Update
- 2014-04-15: BitTorrent Sync Now Supports Network Attached Storage Devices
- 2014-04-15: Game Of Thrones Torrents Break Piracy Record
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Updates Office Online With Tell Me, Commenting And More
- 2014-04-14: Google Search Ranking Boost For Websites With Encryption [Report]
- 2014-04-14: Girl Tweets Mock Threat At American Airlines, Gets Arrested