Since October last year, we knew that GameStop was selling Android tablets. Now however, the company has released a press statement saying that more than 1,600 stores are carrying Android-based tablets. To be more specific, the company is now selling tablets made by manufacturers like Acer, Asus, Samsung and Toshiba and, the devices will be slightly different from purchasing any of the tablets from anywhere else other than the 1,600 GameStop stores that sell it.
Each of the specific tablets from the above mentioned manufacturers will come preloaded with a varying numbers of games among which are popular titles such as Sonic CD, Riptide and Kongregate Arcade App. If you are looking to go out to a GameStop and cash in one of the tablets, you might be able to trade-in a few games for some in-store credit to reduce the price a little. As a reminder, not all GameStops are carrying the devices so it would be good to check availability by location before rushing off to throw money at someone without them stocking what you want. Do let us know if you will be heading off to the nearest GameStop to purchase an Acer, Asus, Samsung or Toshiba tablet with a comment below.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To Android (5 Ways)
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2011-10-28: GameStop now sells Android tablets