Due to an ongoing lawsuit between Activision and Infinity Ward, it looks like the details of the deal Bungie and Activision made have been revealed (via the LA Times) According to the document, it looks like Bungie is set to release four “sci-fantasy, action shooter games” which will be given the codename, Destiny. The first game is expected to be an exclusive for the Xbox 360 and will see a release in the fall of 2013, with other consoles getting their hands on it only a year later. The remaining games will be on the Xbox’s successor, the PlayStation’s successor and the PC n 2015, 2017, and 2019.
Additionally, the documents have also revealed that four DLC expansions codenamed “Comet” have been included as part of the deal. They are expected to be due in the fall of 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020. So, that’s pretty much 8 years worth of games from Activision/Bungie that we can look forward to. Needless to say at this point in time, details of the upcoming “Destiny” have yet to be revealed, but we expect more details to be made available at a later date, so be sure to check back with us then for more info!
- 2014-02-21 New Tony Hawk Game Confirmed
- 2014-02-12 Sledgehammer's Call Of Duty's Visuals To Be Huge Improvement Over Ghosts
- 2014-02-07 Destiny Public Beta To Launch This Summer
- 2014-02-06 Call Of Duty Franchise To Get 3 Year Dev Cycle
- 2013-12-09 New Destiny Trailer Shows Off More Enemies, Guns And Vehicles
- 2013-11-25 Activision Claims Crash Bandicoot Has Not Been Sold To Sony
- 2013-11-22 Atari 2600 Action Figures Pays Homage To Activision's Heroes
- 2013-10-02 New Destiny Gameplay Trailer Takes Us On A Trip To Earth's Moon
- 2013-10-01 Destiny Beta Taking Place In Early 2014 [Report]
- 2013-03-29 Bungie's Destiny Shown Off In New Character Development Video