Rumors of a new Amazon Kindle Fire arriving this year have been running rampant. Granted it’s not out of the question for Amazon to refresh the Kindle Fire’s hardware for 2012, but so far based on the rumors, it seems that Amazon could have either two Kindle Fires planned, or they might only release one. Back in March we reported that Amazon was rumored to launch a 7” and a 10” version of the Kindle Fire, but not too long ago there were reports of an 8.9” Kindle Fire, making us wonder just which piece of rumor made the most sense to us.
Unfortunately we were unable to answer that and thanks to the folks over at DigiTimes, the rumored 8.9” Kindle Fire has been suspended in favor of a 10.1” model. Given that nothing has been confirmed, it’s hard to feel bummed out about a device that may or may not exist. Either way the publication has also stated that the 10.1” model will be shipping alongside a 7” model and will most likely be launching in the third quarter of 2012. With models swapping in and out, it’s hard to say who’s right but given DigiTimes’ track record, taking all of this with a grain of salt for now is probably a good idea.
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-02-05: Amazon Video Ads Business Gets Detailed
- 2013-12-05: Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- 2013-11-18: Original Kindle Fire Receives Unofficial Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-11-18: Amazon Rolls Out Kindle Fire OS 3.1 With BYOD Support, More
- 2013-11-04: Amazon Kindles Receive Discount To Celebrate FAA's New Rules