The Ample EO has been dubbed as the “world’s first e-quadricycle”, although I do not know who is going to verify of debunk that claim. Well, it is a unique ride by all means, where this small electric vehicle which hails from Ample International was recently on display at the Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS26) in Los Angeles. It can seat one, or two or three, depending on the configuration, and the Ample EO will max out at 65 kilometers per hour (40 miles per hour). That means you should not jump on this if you are looking for a getaway vehicle from the authorities unless you are Johnny English. Apart from that, the Ample EO features a range of 200 km (124 miles), and runs entirely on electricity alone. The lack of side mirrors might prove to be disturbing for first timers who are so used to seeing the side mirrors before switching lanes, as you will need to get used to backward-facing cameras that relay live information to a display on the left side of the wraparound dashboard. No idea on pricing though, but it ought to get a tax exemption from governments that want to go green.
- 2013-12-23: Electric Vehicles Predicted To Become More Popular In 2040
- 2013-09-09: Qualcomm In Formula E: Advise And Integrate Technology
- 2013-08-06: Road-Powered Electric Vehicle Network In South Korea Debuts
- 2013-07-01: Generation Solar Powered Electric Vehicle
- 2013-03-04: ELF: Hybrid Solar / Pedal Vehicle by Organic Transit