There have been many rumors surrounding the possibility of Apple launching a HDTV of their own. So far there has been no evidence (iPhones and iPads usually have their components “leaked” ahead of its launch) apart from a quote in the Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson to suggest that such a device exists. However it seems that many do believe that the Apple TV is for real and according to Piper Jaffray analyst, Gene Munster, he believes that Apple could be unveiling the device this December and could see it start shipping next year.
Based on Apple’s launches and product availability, this does seem a little out of the ordinary as Apple typically makes their products available about a week after it has been announced, unless of course Munster is talking about a end of December launch and a early January release. He goes on to state that the Apple TV will range in size from 42” to 55” and will cost anywhere between $1,500 to $2,000, a considerable premium over televisions of other brands and in those sizes. Will his prediction come true? We guess we will have to wait and see, but what do you guys think?
Next Story: Harry Potter for Kinect officially announced
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases
- Apple's Plans For Sapphire Will Be For A "Secret Project"
- iPhone 6 To Have Sapphire Coating, Skips May Release (Rumor)
- Glucose Monitoring Might Not Make It Onto The iWatch