Last week T-Mobile revealed that Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the HTC Amaze 4G would be arriving on the 21st of May, and true to their word, there have been reports from users who have started to receive the Android 4.0 update. This would bump the Amaze 4G’s software up to Android 4.0.3 and will include a couple of tweaks and fixes along with additional features. Some of the changes that Amaze 4G owners can expect to find includes (via the changelog):
- Android version 4.0.3 / Software version 2.14.531.3710RD
- Approved 5/21/2012
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Sense 3.6
- System bar enhancements to easily view recent apps.
- Re-sizeable widgets
- Lock screen actions including pull down notifications and adjust volume while device is locked.
- Data usage controls.
- Face Unlock
- Home screen folders
- Improved battery life
- Improved text input and spell checking
- Improved menu structure
- OTA or Manual update
- Device is running Android version 2.3.4 / Software version 1.43.531.3, 1.36.531.5, or 1.36.531.6
- Device software is not rooted
- More than 50% battery life
- Data or Wi-Fi connection
So would any HTC Amaze 4G owners out there like to share their Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich experience with us?
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2012-05-21: T-Mobile's HTC Amaze 4G has reportedly been delayed due to an "unforeseen issue"
- 2012-05-16: T-Mobile Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for HTC Sensation 4G arrives
- 2012-05-02: T-Mobile: HTC Sensation 4G Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update coming soon
- 2011-09-30: HTC Amaze 4G caught in the wild
- 2011-08-16: HTC Ruby to be renamed Amaze 4G?