It is only fitting that the Angry Birds Land, a theme park that has anything and everything to do with the hit mobile game, Angry Birds, from Rovio, has finally landed in Rovio’s home country – Finland. Simply known as Angry Birds Land, this theme park opened recently within Sarkanniemi Amusement Park in Tampere, Finland. It is the first official theme park of its kind that is based on the Angry Birds game, so all the other theme parks that you read about earlier? Those are nothing but fakes and ripoffs, as in unofficial. I guess the Angry Birds Land can be considered to be a monument on the popularity of the highly addictive smartphone game.
It goes to show that video games as well as its associated products are able to invade mainstream pop culture, becoming a worldwide phenomenon in the process. I am not quite sure whether Angry Birds will have the staying power of Mickey Mouse and Co., but it will have to do for now. Sarkanniemi Adventure Park CEO Miikka Seppala said, “We wanted to create a unique themed area and associate it with a strong and well-known brand.” Heck, there is even a major motion picture about Angry Birds in the pipeline, although I am not quite sure just how decent that will be in the end. Hopefully it will be able to fly high, that!
- 2014-03-12: Angry Birds Epic Is A Turn Based RPG
- 2014-03-07: Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13: Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12: Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-29: Angry Birds Website Hacked, Known As Spying Birds Instead
- 2014-01-28: Rovio Denies Allowing NSA To Spy On Users
- 2013-11-27: Angry Birds Go! In-App Purchases Rumored To Get Very Expensive