The Angry Birds franchise is to Rovio what the Nintendo DS was to Nintendo all those years ago – it basically prints money. Well, your favorite bird slinging game that will see your merry bunch of angry avian friends being thrown all over the place will finally make its flight on the Windows Phone platform in the form of Angry Birds Space, the latest instalment of the casual game. Rovio, has in fact, confirmed this new port, thanks to Rovio CEO Mikael Hed mentioning specifically that this spin-off will be making its way towards the platform that is some distance behind iOS and Android in terms of total number of users.
Mikael Hed said, “Nokia is one of our longest-standing partners, and Windows Phone and Lumia are of strategic importance to Rovio. We are very committed to bring our games to Lumia devices, and are looking forward to delighting our fans on the Windows Phone platform.” In other Asian circles, this can be seen as “giving face”, or should I put it in a different way, offering Windows Phone users a platform for them to step down graciously.
Next Story: Microsoft to be carbon neutral from July 1
- 2014-04-22 Over 1 Million Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Installs Estimated
- 2014-04-18 WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17 Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-16 Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-15 Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2013-05-02 Original Angry Birds For Windows Phone Free Until May 15
- 2012-03-23 Angry Birds Space won't be arriving on Windows Phone
- 2011-08-01 Angry Birds for Windows Phone 7 get another 90 more levels