USB-powered secondary monitors are not new to the market, but neither have they taken off in a big way, either. However, have you ever entertained the thought of a USB-powered monitor as your main digital work area? AOC has ventured into this niche with their 22″ USB-powered HD display, otherwise known as model e2251Fwu. This is an extremely slim display from AOC, but despite packing in such a design, it will not cost a bomb. A solitary USB connection is enough to offer both power and signal, touting true blue plug-and-play connectivity. Inside, you will find DisplayLink’s USB 2.0 graphics and connectivity technology which delivers real-time video compression/decompression.
Just how slim is this USB-powered display from AOC? Well, we are looking at a thickness of just 10.6mm, and all you need is an available USB 2.0 port to get it up and running. Other specifications include a resolution count of 1,920 x 1,080 alongside a 5ms response time. Each purchase will also be accompanied by a convenient detachable stand which enables you to use it with or without the base similar to that of a picture frame. You can pick up this puppy for $199 a pop.
- 2014-04-03: Captain America Saves Your Data, Too
- 2014-04-02: USB Type-C Cable Render Spotted
- 2014-03-28: The iMacompanion Adds A USB Port To The Front Of iMacs
- 2014-03-13: dataSTICKIES Concept USB Flash Drive
- 2014-03-10: Aleratec Cruiser Mini Portable Makes Short Work Of USB Flash Drive Duplication
- 2013-04-15: AOC Q2963PM Widescreen HD Monitor
- 2012-11-20: AOC Borderless i2367fh 23-inch Monitor
- 2012-10-03: AOC announces 27" i2757fh "borderless" monitor
- 2011-11-17: AOC launches 23" Aire Pro IPS monitor
- 2011-03-22: Toshiba Mobile Monitor is USB-powered