Owners of Apple TVs are getting a treat from Apple today. Why? That’s because Apple has just released the latest firmware update for the Apple TV. The Apple TV Software Update 5.0.1 is primarily a bug fix. First, the update will improve the iTunes preview feature. With 5.0.1, you can now preview movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store in HD. The Apple TV Software Update 5.0.1 also address an issue with AirPlay that reportedly caused some iOS apps to have trouble in connecting to it. Firmware 5.0.1 has also improved the reliability of Home Sharing connections as well as a known issue affecting the login and navigation of Netflix. You’ll also be happy to know that the overall stability and performance of your Apple TV have been improved as well. To get the update, select “Settings” from your Apple TV, then choose “General”. There you will find the “Update Software” option. While the update isn’t that grandiose, we cannot deny the fact that it brings along with it the much needed set of improvements and fixes – factors that will make our Apple TV last longer if you are a fan of the device.
- 2014-04-10: 2014 Apple TV May Rely On Motion Control Technology
- 2014-04-08: New Apple Set-Top Box Hinted In Comcast/Time Warner Cable Filings
- 2014-04-07: Amazon Fire TV Handles Android Mirroring Nicely
- 2014-04-02: Analyst Thinks Amazon's Fire TV Will Motivate Apple To Revamp The Apple TV
- 2014-03-28: Roku CEO Calls The Apple TV A "Money Loser" For Apple