The folks over at RIM have released a video showcasing a few features in the upcoming BlackBerry 10 Mobile OS that was apparently just shown in the BlackBerry World 2012 keynote. The video highlighted what seemed to be the mini-PlayBook-like BlackBerry 10 development phone which recently surfaced along with some screenshots of the upcoming OS which is running on the device. The phone which doesn’t seem to have any buttons makes use of a swiping gesture while typing with a virtual keyboard.
The 3 levels of keys in the keyboard are separated by bars on which something of a predictive mechanism generates words that could be the user’s next one. With a swipe up towards the word, it will be selected. Along with the video which is embedded above, the screenshot that gives a little sneak peek of what we can expect from the upcoming BlackBerry 10 Mobile OS shows a little of the messaging menu, an e-mail window as well as a PDF document on a clean UI. We hope to see more of it soon.
- 2014-04-02: Shoptagr: Tag Now and Shop Later for Less
- 2013-08-08: Civilization Online Revealed
- 2013-08-07: Apple Granted Appeal That Reinstates ITC Case Against Motorola
- 2013-08-06: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Always-On Voice Recognition
- 2013-08-06: LG G2 Release Expected On Launch Day