Bang & Olufsen is most certainly not known for the affordability of their products, but if you must own one of their sound systems, the recently announced Beoplay A3 is probably one of their more “affordable” devices. Designed specifically for Apple’s iPad in mind, the Beoplay A3 doubles as a speaker system for the iPad, a stand and a case although we’re guessing you’ll be carrying this around the house as opposed to taking it with you to Starbucks.
Featuring 3 x 1/2” tweeters and a 2” woofer and a frequency range of 60 – 15,000Hz, the Beoplay A3 is made from polycarbonate plastic with an aluminum frame along with a battery that promises up to five hours of playing time. Interestingly the Beoplay A3 will also be able to sense the orientation of your iPad and will activate the relevant speakers to provide you with the best sound quality. No word on a release date just yet, but the Beoplay A3 is expected to retail for a whopping £450 (~$730). If you’re interested, pop on over to the Beoplay website for the details.
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2012-05-05: B&O PLAY launches BeoPlay A3, iPad Sound System – Hands On