Bang & Olufsen is most certainly not known for the affordability of their products, but if you must own one of their sound systems, the recently announced Beoplay A3 is probably one of their more “affordable” devices. Designed specifically for Apple’s iPad in mind, the Beoplay A3 doubles as a speaker system for the iPad, a stand and a case although we’re guessing you’ll be carrying this around the house as opposed to taking it with you to Starbucks.
Featuring 3 x 1/2” tweeters and a 2” woofer and a frequency range of 60 – 15,000Hz, the Beoplay A3 is made from polycarbonate plastic with an aluminum frame along with a battery that promises up to five hours of playing time. Interestingly the Beoplay A3 will also be able to sense the orientation of your iPad and will activate the relevant speakers to provide you with the best sound quality. No word on a release date just yet, but the Beoplay A3 is expected to retail for a whopping £450 (~$730). If you’re interested, pop on over to the Beoplay website for the details.
- Radio Buttons Found On Jailbroken iPad Corroborates iTunes Streaming Service Rumor
- ORA: Ultimate Speaker Case and Stand for iPad
- This music box prototype lets you crank out tunes on your iPad by hand
- Spotify for iOS updated with radio streaming feature for both free and premium users
- The AmpliTube Slash is endorsed by Slash with his own pedals and amplifier effects