If you own an iOS device, you’ve probably played the free-running game Canabalt (which is also available as a web browser game for those interested). For those unfamiliar, Canabalt is a game where your character attempts to run as far as possible while leaping from rooftop to rooftop while avoiding certain obstacles. Apart from the occasional bug fix and whatnot, the game’s features have remained pretty much the same since its launch but that could be changing soon.
According to its developer, Adam Saltsman, instead of creating a sequel to Canabalt, he is instead considering releasing a free update that will bring about several changes to the game. This includes a multiplayer mode for up to two players, eight new hardcore game modes along with new achievements and Game Center leaderboard support for the new modes. No word on when this update will be arriving, but the idea of a multiplayer Canabalt certainly sounds pretty appealing to us! In the meantime if you have to check it out, head on over to the iTunes App Store to purchase it or drop by its website to try it out in the browser version.
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-21 Mailbox 2.0 For iOS Released
- 2014-04-21 Ultimeyes App Will Help Improve Your Vision
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-17 Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16 Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-03-30 Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More