If you own an iOS device, you’ve probably played the free-running game Canabalt (which is also available as a web browser game for those interested). For those unfamiliar, Canabalt is a game where your character attempts to run as far as possible while leaping from rooftop to rooftop while avoiding certain obstacles. Apart from the occasional bug fix and whatnot, the game’s features have remained pretty much the same since its launch but that could be changing soon.
According to its developer, Adam Saltsman, instead of creating a sequel to Canabalt, he is instead considering releasing a free update that will bring about several changes to the game. This includes a multiplayer mode for up to two players, eight new hardcore game modes along with new achievements and Game Center leaderboard support for the new modes. No word on when this update will be arriving, but the idea of a multiplayer Canabalt certainly sounds pretty appealing to us! In the meantime if you have to check it out, head on over to the iTunes App Store to purchase it or drop by its website to try it out in the browser version.
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-11: Mathematicians Develop App That Will Supposedly Eliminate Jetlag
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-03-30: Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More
- 2014-03-23: Twitter #Music Bites The Dust
- 2014-03-13: Clones And Free-To-Play Titles Have "Soured" iTunes App Store Experience, According To Report
- 2014-03-12: iOS 7.1 Reminds Users Of 15 Minute Window While Making In-App Purchases
- 2014-03-05: Gmail For iOS Finally Supports Background Refresh