General Motors (GM) has just announced that they will put up for sale their first rear wheel drive performance sedan in the US in 17 years, calling it the Chevrolet SS. The Chevrolet SS will come with a V8 engine, but your patience will be required since it is built as a 2014 model, meaning a late 2013 debut should be happening. This production car will also play the role of GM’s NASCAR race car, and that model will take a bow in the 2013 Daytona 500 next year. Considering the fact that both the NASCAR version and the showroom model are practically visual twins, GM wants to camouflage the NASCAR model during the testing phases, so that leaks, if they happen (and most probably will), will not give the game away so early. This also marks the first time GM uses “SS” as its own nameplate, which stands for super sport. Anyone willing to drop some serious coin for the Chevrolet SS when it arrives in due time?
- 2014-04-15 Cheaper Chevrolet Volt Could Arrive Soon
- 2013-02-19 2014 Chevrolet Impala Gets Valet Mode
- 2013-02-14 Chevrolet Introduces “Smart Material” In The 2014 Corvette
- 2012-11-15 Chevrolet Volt Battery Pack To Power Homes?
- 2012-10-24 GM to patch Chevrolet Volts with firmware update
- 2012-04-13 GM bids farewell to Chevrolet Avalanche pickup truck
- 2011-12-30 Chevrolet Sonic recalled due to missing brake pads
- 2011-10-13 Chevrolet EN-V enters next generation phase