The Assassin’s Creed franchise is certainly a popular one, but how do you guys feel if Ubisoft were to take the single player game and turn it into an MMORPG? Wouldn’t it be weird if the entire MMORPG was revolved around characters sneaking about trying to gank each other? While we’re sure that there’ll probably be more to that, a job listing on Ubisoft Massive’s website has revealed that the company is currently looking to hire a PVP Game Designer who will work on a “highly ambitious AAA Next-gen Online RPG”. While no game was outed in the job listing, Danish website Gamers Globe has speculated that it could have something to do with the Assassin’s Creed franchise.
After all, Ubisoft Massive has worked on the Assassin’s Creed franchise in the past, thus lending some support to this speculation, but beyond that there is no evidence that suggests that it could have anything to do with Assassin’s Creed. Until more concrete evidence has surfaced, we suggest that you guys take this with a grain of salt for now and not get your hopes up just yet, but what do you guys think of an Assassin’s Creed MMO? Yay or nay?
- 2014-03-30: Ubisoft Reiterates Their Commitment To Annual Assassin's Creed Releases
- 2014-03-24: Assassin's Creed Unity Pre-Orders Have Begun
- 2014-03-21: Assassin’s Creed Unity Teaser Trailer
- 2014-03-19: New Upcoming Assassin's Creed Screenshots Leaked
- 2014-02-24: Ubisoft Exec Denies Assassin's Creed V Will Take Place In Feudal Japan