Have you ever sat at the edge of your seat in the movies, as the protagonist is busy trying to erase all sensitive data on the hard drive right before the authorities or enemies make an entrance? The Data Killer from Platform of Japan is one such device that would definitely make life a whole lot easier – as well as less stressful, as the Data Killer is presented as a device which is capable of erasing in the blink of an eye. After all, with data on a hard drive being recorded using magnetic alignments, it makes perfect sense to rely on a strong magnetic field to obliterate all the data stashed away there instantly, as it changes all the magnetic alignments to the same direction.
According to Platform of Japan, “To put it simply, this is a device for wiping out magnetic data. Its strong magnetic field obliterates the data on a hard disk, so you can think of it as a “data crusher. It erases data instantly. If you have data you need to get rid of, Data Killer can do it without taking lots of time.” Not only that, the Data Killer will also be able to obliterate data on magnetic tapes including miniDV. These erased tapes can also be used later on if you desire.
- 2014-04-07: Intel 730 SSD Review (480GB)
- 2014-02-14: WD My Cloud Review (2TB Model)
- 2014-01-07: Buffalo MiniStation Air: More Than A Portable Drive
- 2014-01-05: LaCie Unveils New Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2 Hard Drive
- 2014-01-05: Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Backup Plus Fast
- 2011-10-25: Star Wars hard drive recycles VHS tapes
- 2011-10-13: Rumor: 5TB Seagate hard drives on their way
- 2011-10-12: Toshiba MK01GRRB/R series small form factor hard drive
- 2011-09-07: Hitachi crams 1TB into each platter
- 2011-09-02: Apple store accidentally gives customer hard drive with top secret files