Today, Dell is refreshing its business computers lineup, namely the OptiPlex Series and the Latitude Series. The Dell Latitude E6430 ATG is a 14-inch rugged notebook powered by a third generation Intel processor (although Dell did not mention it, it is highly probable) and packed in a Tri-Metal armored casing that features an anodized aluminum display back, magnesium alloy wrapped corners, steel hinges, and a powder-coated base.
As expected, the device is dust-proof, humidity and shock-proof,and resist to high temperature, high altitude and vibrations, thanks to its MIL-STD 810 G and IP5X testing.
On the computing performance side, in addition to the latest Intel processor (our guess, not mentioned by Dell), the new rugged Latitude gets DDR3 memory (1333 MHz or 1600MHz ), Intel HD or NVIDIA discrete graphics, 14” HD (1366×768) display, 4- and 6-cell ExpressCharge battery options, optional HSPA-EVDO / LTE / Gobi 3000/WIMAX connectivity. As usual for business units, there are tons of ports including network connector (RJ-45), two USB 2.0, one USB/eSATA combo; two USB 3.0.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02: Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-26: Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23: Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update
- 2014-03-07: The Dell Precision M2800 Has An Affordable Price Tag
- 2012-06-12: Dell Vostro 3360, 3460 and 3560
- 2012-06-05: Dell Inspiron 15R and 17R
- 2012-01-10: DELL XPS 13 - The Ultimate Ultrabook
- 2011-08-09: Dell Latitude XT3 convertible tablet PC now available
- 2011-06-14: Toshiba Qosmio X770 with 3D