There was some news about a PS3 version of Diablo 3 being spotted online earlier this morning (which was online just for a short while before it was taken down), but it seems that that particular post was a fake – if one can make the right assumptions from what we are going to read. According to game director Jay Wilson, “We haven’t officially announced it, because we’re not ‘experimenting. We tell people that basically we’re experimenting, because it helps us hire people. The better people we hire, the better chance we have to actually make it. That’s why we haven’t kept it super secret, but we also haven’t confirmed it, because we’re not sure yet whether we think it will work, and whether we think we have the resources to do it.”
There you have it – Blizzard is basically baiting folks into believing that there is the possibility of a console port, and with the right team put together, who knows, the real deal might eventually roll out? It is a clever way of fishing for interested talents, that is for sure. Still, if there ever was a console version of Diablo 3 in the works, will you be one of those ready and waiting to pick it up when it arrives?
Next Story: Chocolate brain looks yummy enough to bite into
- 2014-04-09: Diablo 3 Nephalem Rifts Cleared In Under 4 Minutes
- 2014-04-03: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Shifts 2.7 Million Copies So Far, Digital And Physical Versions Combined
- 2014-03-25: Blizzard Evaluating Diablo 3's Future After Reaper Of Souls Release
- 2014-03-25: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Is Now Live
- 2014-03-24: Diablo 3 For Xbox One Confirmed To Be In The Works