When May 15th rolls around, you can be sure that there is the very real possibility of many people calling in sick, not to mention marriages and relationships getting strained in the weeks ahead, as Diablo 3 is released. Yes sir, the dungeon crawler which will roll out in a week’s time should see nerds and gamers of Blizzard’s highly anticipated title rally together as they attempt quest after quest in a race to complete the game, not to mention indulging in potentially countless hours of multiplayer gaming with their mates on the computer. How do you prepare yourself, or should I say, brace yourselves for Diablo 3′s release this May 15th?
For starters, you will need to get the game first – which is a no-brainer. Pick it up straight from Blizzard through the digital presale, or place a preorder at major retailers and other gaming outlets. The potentially sought after Diablo 3 Collector’s Edition will remain a physical retail-only copy, so forget about looking for it online save for scalpers who might want to make a quick buck off you.
Other than that, remember, too, to create your BattleTag, and bear in mind that this non-unique nickname is a permanent choice, so choose wisely. Be aware of time differences due to regional launch times applied, so the launch time has been broken down according to its region. There will be an early install ability, since the game’s installer will be unlocked at 8:01 a.m. PDT on May 14th, letting you install and troubleshoot the title, if necessary, before you download and install the launch day 1.0.1 patch.
Good luck, brave adventurer! You might want to check out the Diablo 3 Hero Planner while waiting.
Next Story: StarCraft 2 update announced
- 2014-04-09: Diablo 3 Nephalem Rifts Cleared In Under 4 Minutes
- 2014-02-26: Diablo III Patch 2.0.1 Goes Live
- 2013-08-14: Diablo 3 Reaper Of Souls Teased By Blizzard
- 2013-06-06: Diablo 3 Launching On PS3, Xbox 360 September 3
- 2013-05-16: Blizzard Announces Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Soundtrack Album
- 2013-04-04: Blizzard Details Diablo 3 1.0.8 Co-Op Multiplayer Improvements
- 2012-11-20: Blizzard Black Friday Lets You Save $20 On Hit Titles
- 2012-10-15: Diablo on Game Boy Color was nearly realized