About a month ago, OMGPOP’s Draw Something was considered to be one of the most popular games at the moment. For those unfamiliar, it’s basically a turn-based game in which one player will draw something based on what the game has generated for them, while the other player will have to guess. We guess the social aspect of it was what helped the game catapult its way to success, ultimately leading to Zynga acquiring it for $210 million.
With Zynga’s backing and updates made to the game, it was expected that the game would go on to be even bigger and more successful than ever, but this is not the case. According to the folks at App Data, it has been suggested (thanks to the graph pictured above) that the number of users playing the game has fallen by 5 million in one month. Admittedly the game was pretty fun when I first got my hands on it, but the novelty and the time waiting for friends to complete their turn got a bit old. What do you guys think? Have you stopped playing Draw Something too? Or if you’re still playing it, have you noticed that your friends aren’t as active in it as before?
- 2013-06-05: OMGPop Shuts Down, Cost Zynga $450k A Day
- 2013-04-12: Draw Something App Might Ends Up As A Game Show
- 2012-11-12: Words with Friends and Draw Something makes its way on Windows Phone
- 2012-06-19: Zynga's Draw Something will be made into a television game show
- 2012-05-07: Draw Something allows advertisers to insert their own guess words
- 2012-03-21: Zynga acquires Draw Something creators, OMGPOP