Earlier this morning, we talked about the possibility of EA closing down the Rock Band iOS app through a message, but it seems that EA has stepped forward to officially state that the game will not expire anytime soon. It seems that the message which appeared to those rocking to their iOS device was “sent in error”, and there will be no plans at all to shut it down. In fact, the fuller version of the apologetic message went like this, “Rock Band for iOS will remain live – the in-app message users received yesterday was sent in error. We apologize for the confusion this caused. We’re working to clarify the issue that caused the error and will share additional information as soon as possible.”
We have absolutely no idea on how such a message could have appeared – perhaps there was someone in EA itself who felt a little bit cheeky, and wanted to pull a fast one on the rest of the world? Of course, with the world full of cynics, there is also the possibility that the message was not sent out as a mistake, but rather, this is a PR effort in making a U-turn after receiving feedback from the Rock Band for iOS community on the whole. Regardless of the intention, Rock Band for iOS is safe – for now.
Next Story: Sony ST23i Tapioca DS spotted in benchmarks
- EA Thinks Battlefield 4 Fiasco Did Not Hurt The Battlefield Brand
- Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase
- Jack Tretton Leaves As President And CEO Of SCEA