Fancy yourself an environmentalist? If you are, we wouldn’t be surprised if the Etón Rukus Solar Bluetooth speaker appealed to you. If the speakers managed to catch your attention earlier this year at CES, Etón has announced that the Rukus Solar Bluetooth speaker is now shipping and you will be able to pick one up for yourself for $150, or you can opt for its non-solar powered counterpart which will save you $50 and will retail at $100. For those who might have missed our coverage at CES earlier this year, here’s a quick refresher on the Rukus Solar Bluetooth speaker.
Featuring a handle for portability, the Rukus Solar will pair with media devices (i.e. tablets, smartphones and some PMPs) via a Bluetooth connection. It will also pack two full-rangle speaker drivers along with a 40 square-inch solar panel that can completely charge the speaker’s internal lithium battery in just six hours under direct sunlight. The Rukus Solar will come with an integrated USB port that will allow users to charge mobile devices on the go, an e-ink display and onboard playback controls. It will also be available in three different colors. If you wouldn’t mind owning the Etón Rukus Solar Bluetooth speaker, head on over to its website for the details.
- 2014-04-09: Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08: Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02: Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17: Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth
- 2014-03-10: Moss Could Be Future Of Solar Panels