If you fancy yourself a sporty person with a penchant for outdoor sports like snowboarding, Fujifilm has announced a new digital camera that looks like it has been designed with you in mind. Introducing the XP170, this digital camera will be part of Fujifilm’s XP series of rugged cameras and comes with support for both iOS and Android in the form of a Photo Receiver app. This allows users to transfer photos from the camera onto iOS or Android devices via a WiFi connection.
Other than that pretty nifty and convenient feature, the Fujifilm XP170 sports a 14MP image sensor, a 5x zoom lens (28-140mm equivalent), waterproof up to 10m in depth, shockproof from a height of 2m and will able to withstand temperatures up to -10 degrees Celsius (14 degrees Fahrenheit). The camera will be available in either blue or orange and is expected to be made available some time next month for $279.95. More information on the Photo Receiver app can be found in the video below. [Press release] [Product page]
- 2014-03-17 New Fujifilm X Mirrorless Camera Could Be Announced Soon
- 2014-03-03 Fujifilm UK Launches Camera Customization Service
- 2014-01-28 Fujifilm X-T1 Is Official
- 2014-01-26 Additional Fujifilm X-T1 Specs Revealed
- 2014-01-20 Fujifilm X-T1 Photos Leaked Online