Just yesterday, we reported that according to a post from DigiTimes, it seems that Google and ASUS’ Android collaboration for a Nexus tablet is expected to start shipping in June, and word has it that it will cost $149. Corroborating those claims are the folks from Techno Buffalo who claims that one of their “trusted sources” has informed that that the tablet will indeed be arriving in June and will be unveiled at Google I/O which will be taking place towards the end of June. Supposedly the Nexus tablet will based off NVIDIA’s “Kai” reference design which manages to pack a quad-core Tegra-3 processor into an affordable device.
While DigiTimes may have reported a price tag of $149, the Kai tablet is expected to cost $199, so we guess we will have to wait and see for ourselves. Adding on to the rumors, Techno Buffalo’s sources have also informed them that the rumored Nexus tablet will come with Android 5.0 “Jelly Bean” preinstalled, although we are a bit skeptical considering that the majority of Android devices are still running on Gingerbread 2.3, let alone Android 4.0 Ice Cream sandwich. Either way with Google I/O about a month away, we guess we don’t have to wait too long before we find out if the rumors will pan out, so check back with us then for the details. Until then we recommend you take this information with a grain of salt.
[Image credit - Techno Buffalo]
- 2014-04-20: Google Trends Gets Email Subscriptions
- 2014-04-17: Project Loon Tests LTE In Nevada (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-03-14: ASUS Reportedly Drops Plans And Halts Sale Of Dual Booting Products [Rumor]
- 2014-02-21: ASUS Transformer Book Duet Might Be Killed Due To Pressure From Google [Rumor]
- 2014-02-04: ASUS Chromebox Just launched
- 2013-10-03: Google Might Not Go With ASUS For 2014's Nexus 7 [Rumor]
- 2013-09-19: Nex-gen Nexus 10 Tablet Could Be Made By ASUS