The folks over at 343 Industries seemed to have preferred to allow fans of the popular first-person-shooter franchise Halo, discover the Box Art that will be featured on the upcoming game on their own accord. Apparently, Microsoft which still has a hand in the game’s development sent out segments to fans of the game through email a while back and after fans discovered that it could be part of a bigger picture, they re-grouped at the Halo Waypoint forums and proceeded to assemble the complete image from the separate pieces Microsoft sent them in reportedly less than an hour.
Since the complete picture (above) was pieced together, Microsoft has apparently confirmed that it is the official Box Art that will be featured on the cover for Halo 4 when it comes out. The picture depicts Master Chief standing among alien ruins with what looks like an ominous ship in the sky overhead. The game which has been touted for a November release this year was featured in this month’s Game Informer Magazine. Halo 4 is said to be set four years after the events of Halo 3 and this sequel marks the return of iconic hero Master Chief and represents the beginning of a brand new saga.
- 2013-08-27: Halo 4 Game Of The Year Edition Arrives This October
- 2013-07-08: Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC Adds New Maps, Armor, Weapons On Aug. 20
- 2013-03-11: Halo 4 Castle Map Pack Adds 3 New Maps, 6v6 Playlist On April 8
- 2013-02-18: Halo 4 Majestic Map Pack Leaked
- 2013-02-07: Conan O'Brien's Halo 4 Review Results In Cortana Lust, Controller Licking
- 2013-01-18: Halo 4 Spartan Ops Season One Returns With Weekly Updates Starting January 21
- 2012-06-04: Microsoft shows off Halo 4, game set for November 6th release
- 2012-03-05: Halo 4: In-game footage leaked online, looks pretty good
- 2012-02-02: Halo 4 rumored to be announced this month