If you thought that the gestures and flicks of the wand in the Harry Potter movie and story books would be a great idea if it came onto consoles like the Xbox Kinect, Wii or PlayStation Move, you’re in luck as Eurocom Interactive as announced Harry Potter for Kinect. Like we just said, the Kinect version of Harry Potter will allow players to play the game using voice commands along with gestures used to cast spells amongst other things. Players will also be able to scan their faces and create a unique witch or wizard and will get to fly on broomsticks, participate in Quidditch matches, purchase a wand from Ollivanders, get put into a house via the Sorting Hat and ultimately battle Lord Voldemort – oops, we meant he-who-must-not-be-named! So if you’re a huge fan and you’re a bit bummed that the series is finally over, fret not as you will be able to relive it this fall. In the meantime check out the gameplay trailer in the video above to get an idea of what you might be able to expect.
- 2014-04-02: New Kinect For Windows Is Official, Arrives This Summer
- 2014-03-27: Microsoft Kinect For Windows Hardware Version 2 Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: Kinect Guards The Korean Border
- 2013-12-31: 3D Printing Service Uses Your Kinect To Make Mini Figurines Of Yourself
- 2013-12-27: NASA Engineers Use Oculus Rift And Kinect 2 To Control Robots