Since Apple released version 5.1.1 for its iOS platform, everyone in the jailbreak community have been anxious for a release of an untethered jailbreak for it. As we reported earlier, the Chronic-Dev Team mentioned that it’s Absinthe 2.0 untethered jailbreak would be out sometime this week and it seems that the day is finally here. According to the announcement post, the release is a large collaborative effort between both, the Chronic-Dev Team as well as the iPhone Dev Team.
In addition to that, the post also indicates that this jailbreak that only supports iOS version 5.1.1 is so easy to use that even your grandma could do it. The step-by-step instructions required to apply this jailbreak has only 5 steps with the 6th one reading, “thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken device.” If you’re looking to get on with it and start jailbreaking your device, a full list of instructions and download links are available by just clicking here. Absinthe 2.0 untethered jailbreak apparently works with most devices except the iPad 2, 4 for which support will be apparently added “at a later date”. Happy jailbreaking.
- 2014-03-26: Video Shows Jailbroken iPad Triple Booting iOS 5, iOS 6, and iOS 7
- 2014-03-23: iOS 7.1 Untethered Jailbreak Shown Off On Video
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-10: Untethered iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Not Possible
- 2014-02-05: iOS 7.1 Beta 5 Closes More Jailbreak Exploits