Last week we covered an iPad concept by Daniel Chase Hooper whereby the on-screen keyboard got a little bit more efficient thanks to the use of gestures. This would, in theory, make editing on the iPad faster and simpler. Well the good news is that if such a tweak appealed strongly to you, thanks to the efforts of iOS developer, Kyle Howells, a working version of that tweak dubbed SwipeSelection has been created and uploaded to the Cydia store. While we haven’t tried it out for ourselves, it has been reported that the tweak is pretty stable and works as intended and is pretty much what the video had demonstrated. iPhone owners will be pleased to know that the tweak will work for them too, but it might be a bit more tricky to use due to the smaller screen. In any case this would require a jailbroken iOS device in order for it to work, so you so if you don’t have one or if your device has yet to be jailbroken, you’re out of luck. However if you do own a jailbroken iOS device, head to the Cydia store and look for “SwipeSelection”.
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2013-02-08: iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Unlocks Nearly 7 Million Devices Within Four Days