Earlier we had reported that there were rumors about Apple being in talks with German HDTV maker, Loewe, about a possible acquisition. On some level this made sense as it would complement Apple’s rumored iTV, but unfortunately for those hoping for such a deal to come true, it looks like you guys will be disappointed. The company has since issued a statement to German website, Heise, in which a Loewe spokeswoman claimed that there was “absolutely nothing” to the rumor.
For those wondering, all this talk about an Apple “iTV” exploded thanks to Walter Isaacson’s biography of Apple’s late co-founder, Steve Jobs, who was quoted as saying that he had finally “cracked” the secret to Apple building a HDTV of their own. Ever since then, there have been plenty of rumors suggesting that production of such a device was in the works and could see a release in 2012/2013. So far unlike iPhone/iPad rumors, there have been no leaked parts or components to suggest that such a device exists so we suggest taking all of this with a grain of salt for now.
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases
- Apple's Plans For Sapphire Will Be For A "Secret Project"
- iPhone 6 To Have Sapphire Coating, Skips May Release (Rumor)
- Glucose Monitoring Might Not Make It Onto The iWatch