Sure there are gaming leaderboards like OpenFeint and Apple’s Game Center, but what if you were in the market for something a little more competitive? The good news is that if you fancy yourself to be a competitive gamer and you’re looking for similarly competitive gamers to compete against, Major League Gaming (MLG) has announced the Xperia Mobile Gaming Arena presented by Sony Mobile. This is a supposedly more “serious” leaderboard system that will offer iOS and Android users the chance to walk away with up to $10,000 in prize money. Unfortunately at the moment it seems that the only game supported by the new platform is Gameloft’s Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation, but MLG is hoping to add more competitive titles in the future. Competitive Fruit Ninja or Temple Run, anyone? If you’d like to find out more info about the new leaderboard or to sign up and start competing, head on over to MLG’s website for the down low.
- 2014-03-05: Twitch Streaming Coming To Mobile Games Soon
- 2013-12-13: Cut The Rope 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS Dec. 19
- 2013-12-11: Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- 2013-11-20: Xbox One SmartGlass App Now Available On iOS, Android
- 2013-11-14: Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]