Motorola’s Droid 4 has been waiting for a long, long time for the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system update, but it seems as though there is no end in sight to the amount of patience required for this wait. Well, it was bound to happen in this day and age – we have a leaked build of the Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Droid 4 somewhere out there, and early adopters who have given it a go claims that the build does seem to work perfectly all right, delivering just about complete functionality, although if you have the intestinal fortitude and technical know how to make this premature upgrade a possibility on your Droid 4, it would mean the smartphone remains locked to 4.0.4, and that would close the door to any future updates. I guess in this case, it would be better to just sit tight and wait until something official is announced. After all, not many people would want to end up with a gimped Droid 4, right?
Next Story: Sony NEX-F3 Camera, Hands-On
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2012-10-09: Motorola Atrix 2 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update hits AT&T subscribers
- 2012-09-30: Motorola cancels Ice Cream Sandwich update for handful of devices
- 2012-08-20: Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 to receive Android 4.0.4 update
- 2012-08-06: Motorola Droid 4 soak test for Ice Cream Sandwich happening?
- 2012-06-04: Verizon's Motorola Xoom gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update