It seems that Netflix has realized that more and more people are accessing its content via mobile devices and it has pushed out an update today that might make the experience just a little better. The update for now is just for iOS devices and it is said to bring and improved video player with the addition of more controls and enhancements. The updated look for the Netflix iOS app for the iPad and iPhone includes features such as more pronounced player-related controls and thumb-nails to the scrub-bar so get a little glimpse while going through content and this we believe will definitely make your life a little easier. Also included in this update are improved methods of accessing options related to audio as well subtitles.
In addition to that, a toggle has also been added to either enable or disable Facebook shares of films or television shows. Moreover, it seems that Netflix has answered the prayers of parents hoping to reduce the mobile data costs related to this endeavor by including options to limit playback to just Wi-Fi connections which will subsequently reduce massive data usages. The update is live on the App Store now and you can click here to get it. If you’re an Android user and you’re reading this, rest assured, because Netflix has also announced that ‘similar’ features will be coming to its Android app as well. The moment it is live in the Google Play Store, we will be sure to let you know about it.
- 2014-04-14: Netflix Speeds On Comcast See Massive Improvement
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-08: Netflix 4K Streaming House Of Cards Kicks Off
- 2014-04-02: Hulu Looks To Cash In On The Binge Watching Frenzy
- 2014-04-02: Netflix Launch In France Might Hinge On A Technicality
- 2014-03-13: Campaign Calls To Boycott Apple Products Due To Use Of Toxic Chemicals
- 2014-03-11: Apple Reportedly Planning On Opening Neighborhood Retail Stores In India
- 2014-02-13: Apple Confirms Suppliers Do Not Use Conflict Minerals
- 2010-08-26: Netflix iOS App Now Supports iPhone And iPod touch