We’ve seen Nissan toying with the idea of using the engine of the GT-R race car on a small Juke SUV. The result of that brilliant idea was not a joke. It was the Juke-R and it was introduced as a concept car. As with other concept cars, it was supposed to be dumped and disposed as a project. But that all changed when Nissan debuted the Juke-R in Dubai, making its first public appearance. Apparently it appealed to one wealthy elite in Dubai who asked Nissan to produce not one, but two Juke-Rs. Another individual reportedly joined in and asked for a Juke-R as well.
Of course, for Nissan, it was the perfect time to act. Hence, the company has decided that it will build more Juke-Rs for the world to enjoy. So, how much does it cost? Nissan did not say how much each Juke-R costs, but judging from the initial offering, it’s safe to presume that it will cost a lot. It could even be more expensive than a Nissan GT-R. But this is not confirmed though, Nissan has yet to confirm its value. So, if you’re interested in owning one, just email Nissan at Juke-R@Nissan.co.uk. And oh wait, Nissan said that it will use the running gear of the 2012 GT-R car that has a 545 hp twin-turbo 3.8-liter V-6 engine. Check out the video after the jump.
- 2014-03-03: Nissan's Smart Rearview Mirror Relies On Cameras
- 2014-03-03: Nissan LEAF Battery Survives Abuse In Video
- 2014-01-27: Nissan ZEOD RC Fuel Engine Might Be Small, But It Has a Fierce Bite
- 2014-01-15: Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke
- 2013-12-16: Nissan Powers Building In Japan With Electric Cars