Nokia Lumia owners, if the idea of augmented reality technology appeals to your senses, you might want to pop over to the Nokia Beta Labs where the Finnish company has rolled out its City Lens app for Lumia devices. The City Lens app basically gives users an augmented reality view of the areas and shops around them (as pictured in the screenshot above) and gives users an idea of some of the best places to eat in town, hot tourist destinations and more. According to Nokia, here are some of the features that users can expect from the City Lens beta app:
- You can instantly see what’s around you: landmarks, restaurants, hotels, shops and public transport stations visually right on your phone
- Select your interests in many different categories: Nokia City Lens will filter the points of interests and present your choices
- All the details at a glance: simply tap to read reviews, descriptions and destination information
- One tap to call or navigate to the location
- Share a place with friends via email and SMS or via the built-in sharing feature of Windows Phone
So if you own a Nokia Lumia device, pop on over to the Nokia Beta Labs for the download or check out the video below for a demonstration of the app in action.